An international-standard event bringing the best of new technology, creative solutions and innovative thinking to Papua New Guinea’s business community.
Friday 8 November, The Stanley Hotel, Port Moresby
Hosted by the Port Moresby Chamber of Commerce and Business Advantage International, Innovation PNG 2019 will be the first event of its kind in Papua New Guinea. It will provide the opportunity for PNG’s wider business and government community to learn from, be inspired by, and engage with the most relevant innovators from PNG and overseas.
The broad spectrum of topics will include developing an innovation culture in your business, how better internet connectivity will transform local business, digital banking and how local entrepreneurs are finding creative ways to solve uniquely PNG challenges.
What to Expect
This Plenary Conference will run from 8:30am to 4.30pm. It will feature international keynote speakers and multiple streams for the afternoon session. The Expo Plus section will include company booths and technology-related services/attractions.
The Workshops will provide hands-on training for smaller, special-interest groups.
- International Keynote: Fostering an innovation culture in your organisation, Pete Williams, Deloitte Centre for The Edge. Pete is a recognised thought leader and practitioner in Innovation. Since speaking at the PNG Advantage Investment Summit in Brisbane in 2015, he has developed a strong interest in PNG and is a regular visitor to the country.
- International Keynote: Global Megatrends Influencing Technology and Transformation, Paul Burman, Megatrends Ambassador, Hewlett Packard (HP). Artificial Intelligence is changing our world – from disrupting how we educate our children to the way we diagnose a patient. Working directly with the CTO’s Office in Palo Alto, Paul is tasked with presenting HP’s view of the future, Megatrends, to customers, partners and industry leaders – to help them prepare for the future.
- Additional keynotes by international technology companies
- Opportunity and disruption: what cheaper and better internet access will mean for PNG
- Digital banking and mobile money
- Education and vocational training
- Medical science
- Innovation PNG: short presentations from some of PNG’s leading innovators, including SMEs.
Who will Attend
The conference will appeal to the wider PNG business and government community, from senior managers and business owners, to middle managers and the brightest graduates.
Early-bird (until 4 October) — PGK 950
Standard — PGK 1,050
Table of 10 (until 25 October) — PGK 8,500
Prices include GST
Port Moresby Chamber of CommerceRegister Now