An international-standard event bringing the best of new technology, creative solutions and innovative thinking to Papua New Guinea’s business community.
The event is over. It took place on Friday 8 November, The Stanley Hotel, Port Moresby.
VIEW GALLERY CONTAINING PHOTOS OF THE EVENT.
Hosted by the Port Moresby Chamber of Commerce and Business Advantage International, Innovation PNG 2019 will be the first event of its kind in Papua New Guinea. It will provide the opportunity for PNG’s wider business and government community to learn from, be inspired by, and engage with the most relevant innovators from PNG and overseas.
The broad spectrum of topics will include developing an innovation culture in your business, how better internet connectivity will transform local business, digital banking and how local entrepreneurs are finding creative ways to solve uniquely PNG challenges.
This Plenary Conference featured international keynote speakers and multiple streams for the afternoon session. The Expo Plus section included company booths and technology-related services/attractions.
The Workshops provided hands-on training for smaller, special-interest groups.
The conference was opened by the Hon. James Marape MP, Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea.
The conference program combined international keynotes, panel sessions, Q&As and case studies from the smartest PNG innovators (especially SMEs).
Click on the hyperlinked name to view slide presentation.
- Pete Williams (Chief Edge Officer, Deloitte Centre for The Edge)
- Paul Burman (Magatrends Ambassador, Hewlett Packard)
- Mohammad Chowdhury (Telecom, Media and Technology sector leader, PwC Australia)
Speakers and presenters:
- Ramachandran Arunachalam (Vice Chancellor, IBS University)
- Loi Bakani (Governor, Bank of Papua New Guinea)
- Virginia Bruce (CEO, Real Impact)
- Ray Paul (Chief Commissioner, PNG Customs)
- The Hon. Powes Parkop (Governor of National Capital District)
- Charles Punaha (CEO, National Information and Communications Technology Authority)
- Alberto Cimas (IT and cyber security specialist, Deloitte PNG)
- Khafra Kambon (Commercial Director, Digicel Pacific)
- Roboam Kakap (Lecturer, School of Business, Pacific Adventist University)
- Nuni Kulu (General Manager Digital, Bank South Pacific)
- Emily Kula-Lea, eNova Software Solutions
- The Hon. James Marape MP, Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea
- Steven Matainaho (Acting Secretary, Department of Communications, Information Technology and Energy)
- Alan Milne (Managing Director, Air Niugini)
- Jessie Mitir (Stakeholder Engagement Manager, PNG Biomass)
- Vani Nades, Emstret: Emstret’s business incubator
- Marsh Narawec, CEO, Kumulsoft: Asset management software
- Emmanuel Narokobi, Managing Director, Masalai Communications: The Yua Project
- Jeffrey Noro (Director, Papua New Guinea Science & Technology Secretariat)
- Une O’Ome (GM Commercial, PNG Dataco)
- The Hon. Rainbo Paita MP (Minister for Communications and Energy)
- Reeves Papaol (ICT Manager, Pacific Adventist University)
- Steven Pocock (Senior Program Manager, Economic Governance and Inclusive Growth Partnership, Abt Associates)
- Sundar Ramamurthy (Managing Director, Invoc Pty Ltd)
- Jane Ravusiro (Senior Program Manager – Inclusive Economic Empowerment, Abt Associates)
- Jaive Smare, Jive Market
- Sophia Soli (PNG Flying Labs)
- Will Unsworth (Group TDS Manager, New Britain Palm Oil)
- David Valentine (Chief Operations Officer, Niunet)
- Tony Westaway (CEO, MiBank)
Prime Minister, Papua New Guinea
Deloitte Centre for the Edge
Bank South Pacific
The Stanley Hotel is offering a special event rate on all its room types for the nights of 7 and 8 November, starting from PGK609 for a standard room.
Delegates can email email@example.com quoting promo code: INNOVATION
Alternatively book online here: https://app-apac.thebookingbutton.com/properties/thestanleydirect
In Association With
Official Media Partner
Innovation PNG Awards
Call for entries: Innovation PNG’s Awards now inviting entrants
Is your business an innovative business?
Entries are now invited for the Innovation PNG Awards, new awards created to celebrate and encourage innovation in PNG business, government and other organisations.
Timed to coincide with the inaugural Innovation PNG Conference, the awards are open to both small and large organisations.
What are the awards for?
To enter the awards, businesses and other organisations (including government) will be asked to show how they have solved a particular problem or challenge with some form of innovation.
That innovation can be an invention, a piece of technology, a new way of doing things, a new product or service, or a new business for PNG.
We want people to share their innovations with us, whether they’re working in a small business or a division of a larger business or organisation.
How do I enter?
Entries for the awards are now closed.
What do I win?
The two winners – one for small organisations and one for large organisations – will be announced at Innovation PNG 2019 on 8 November. They will receive a special award and the chance to speak at the conference about their innovation.
Who is judging the award?
The winners will chosen by a judging panel led by innovation expert Pete Williams, Chief Edge Officer at the Deloitte Centre for the Edge.
Who is running the awards?
The Innovation PNG 2019 Awards and the Innovation PNG 2019 Conference are initiatives of the Port Moresby Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Business Advantage International. We would like to acknowledge the assistance of Deloitte Centre for the Edge’s Pete Williams in devising the criteria for the awards.